Our team assists its clients in anticipating and managing criminal and repressive risks in all areas of business law.
Anticipation of criminal and repressive risk
We regularly assist companies of all sizes and their managers in setting up chains of delegation of authority and carrying out audits or risk mapping.
Our team is also able to offer tailor-made training or the definition of internal procedures and best practices in coordination with the personnel concerned for the management of searches and, more generally, investigative acts carried out in the direction of the company.
Finally, we offer specific assistance for the management or implementation of internal investigations, in compliance with the ethical principles and recommendations applicable to the “Investigating Lawyer”.
Criminal risk management
Thanks to the diversity of the cases handled, its mastery of criminal procedure and the conduct of criminal hearings for offenses, the dedicated LERINS team offers companies and managers a personalized approach to criminal defense supported by genuine know-how.
Our team regularly assists its clients, whether they are defendants or victims, at all stages of the criminal proceedings, before the investigating authorities and the criminal courts.
Our intervention in this field covers the most extensive areas, and in particular
– Economic crimes: breach of trust, fraud, misuse of corporate assets, deception
– Criminal stock market law: insider trading, price manipulation, failure to declare threshold crossings
– Criminal labor law: unintentional injury or manslaughter, undeclared work, illegal lending of labor, obstruction, discrimination
– Criminal health law: illegal practice of medicine or the profession of pharmacist
– Criminal tax law
– Violations of specific regulations
LERINS is aware of the repercussions in terms of image generated by the realization of criminal risks and has developed privileged partnerships with professionals in crisis management and media relations, who are able to intervene at any time at its side.
With the support of the international LAW network, of which LERINS is the representative for France, we assist our clients in the context of criminal proceedings they face abroad. Our cross-border assistance also covers the deletion of red notices with Interpol, whose headquarters are in France, on behalf of managers or targeted personalities of all nationalities.
In synergy with the firm’s health sector, we regularly act for private operators or health professionals, for whom we provide our long-standing and recognized sectoral expertise.
LERINS also defends major retail chains, industrial and agri-food groups, financial groups and insurance groups that are subject to criminal proceedings in the context of their activity, and also assists them in administrative investigations (customs, DGCCRF).
LERINS has also developed specific expertise in the criminal defense of the assets of the victim company, with an effective and proactive exercise of the rights granted to the civil party, mainly on behalf of companies in the luxury goods and cash-in-transit sectors (internal fraud, armed robbery, etc.). In this respect, our team is able to claim regular practice in the particularly technical litigation of special criminal seizures and confiscations.
– Defense of a company and its director sued for abuse of power due to the amicable termination of a shareholders’ agreement when a minority shareholder left the company’s capital
– Defense of a pharmacist prosecuted for social security fraud
– Defense of a manager of a company in the agricultural sector, prosecuted for VAT fraud (French) of several million Euros and money laundering on the territory of several EU countries
– Assistance to a private health institution in the context of the prosecution of a surgeon for sexual and moral harassment of nursing staff
– Establishment of a criminal risk map covering the entire Group in the insurance sector
Management Package – Edition 2023
Based on the experience accumulated by Laurent Julienne and his team through the conduct [...]
Transfer of control of Lessonia
LERINS acted in the context of the transfer of control of LESSONIA from its founder to its management.
Fundraising: Lerins assists Testamento
LERINS was involved in the fundraising of Testamento with Macif Innovation. Macif Innovat [...]
Access to health data in the SNDS
In the medical field, access to health data, in order to capitalize on the potential they offer, is a major issue